Friday, April 17, 2009

Perspective

When I was out walking this morning, I remarked to myself what a pretty view I was taking in. I was on a hill; what I could see was broad. I know there are many days where I do not capture this landscape even if I am walking along the same path. If I am with my children, for example, the perspective gets very intimate. What I see is only relative to this bubble we are in. If I am thinking of the future and projects I am working on, I tend to look up more and can see far and wide. There are also days when I am just admiring as many details as I can: flowers, birds, people and things. It is my opinion that it is a good thing to have an awareness of the different perspectives we have to see the world. Moreover become aware that we can choose to change how we see the world around us. Now there is an interesting thought to put into practice. We can always find something good to reflect upon. It is just a matter of deciding to open our eyes to what is really there, not just our expectation of the world around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment